Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com> on 2003/12/11 17:38:26 UTC

I cannot get post-commit hook to fire

I tried to get the post-commit hook to fire and have come up with a big goose
egg.  The list archive was not helpful.

Here were the steps I took:

1) copy post-commit.tmpl to post-commit (using the account owning the repository)
2) chmod ug+x post-commit
3) Edited post-commit and added the following lines
	`touch done`
	exec 1>> post-commit.log 2>&1
4) Commented out all actions except 'svnadmin deltify'
5) Tested the script by running it (as the owner)

When committing either through RA_DAV or RA_LOCAL, the file 'done' is not
created, nor is anything appended to 'post-commit.log'.  Both things work from
the command line...

$ svn --version
svn, version 0.34.0 (r7859)
    compiled Dec  8 2003, 19:35:09

I hope it is something dumb... ;~)

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group

Re: I cannot get post-commit hook to fire

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
C. Michael Pilato wrote:

>>When committing either through RA_DAV or RA_LOCAL, the file 'done' is
>>not created, nor is anything appended to 'post-commit.log'.  Both
>>things work from the command line...
>

> Try specifying a full path for "done", like "/tmp/done".  See if that
> helps.

Nope.  The hook isn't being called at all, apparently.  I'm stumped.  I suppose
I can run in local mode using strace or something and see what is going on.  Any
other advice???

John

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.