Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Nicko Cadell <ni...@neoworks.com> on 2004/04/19 17:54:11 UTC

RE: problem with RemotingAppender Calls

The current RemotingAppender does not deliver the events asynchronously. It
will buffer the events but once the buffer is full it will send them
synchronously.

The RemotingAppender in CVS will send the events asynchronously using a
ThreadPool worker request.
If you need this functionality now you can grab the latest version of the
appender here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/logging-log4net/src/Appender/RemotingAppen
der.cs?rev=1.3&view=auto

Cheers,
Nicko

Posted by rohit s <ro...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,

We are using Log4Net Beta 1.2.7 as there is some issues in RemotingAppender in Beta 1.2.8.  The file you have mentioned having Version 1.3 in CVS, so can u tell me, is the file you have refred in last reply can directly included in version 1.2.7 or any other files are required to compile the source...

Another thing i want to know from Log4Net Team is When would be New relase are due ( i hope it will be very soon)

Thanks

Rohit