Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by lhe77 <la...@compart.net> on 2008/01/21 14:56:41 UTC

smx4: startup issue in recognizing new files in deploy folder

Hi,

today I got a strange behaviour when starting up smx4 with a new file in the
deploy folder.

The situation:
As base there is a clean smx4 installation with jbi layer installed. I put
the servicemix-shared-compat installer archive inside the deploy folder.
Afterwards I start up the smx4.

I would expect that the shared compat will be recognized by smx and
installed / started, but it's not listed in osgi list and also not shown in
jbi ls.

When I now copy the same file again to the deploy folder replacing the
existing file while smx is running, then it will be recognized and correctly
installed / started.

I also tried it with servicemix-file and jsr181 to be sure it's not related
to a single file, but the behaviour is the same.

As this was supported behaviour in smx3 I think this could be a bug.

Regards,
Lars

Re: smx4: startup issue in recognizing new files in deploy folder

Posted by lhe77 <la...@compart.net>.
JIRA raised: https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4KNL-13

Lars

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, I've seen the same behavior but have not had any time to handle it
yet.
Could you raise a JIRA in
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4KNL<https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4KNL-6>
when it is available again ?

On Jan 21, 2008 2:56 PM, lhe77 <la...@compart.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> today I got a strange behaviour when starting up smx4 with a new file in
> the
> deploy folder.
>
> The situation:
> As base there is a clean smx4 installation with jbi layer installed. I put
> the servicemix-shared-compat installer archive inside the deploy folder.
> Afterwards I start up the smx4.
>
> I would expect that the shared compat will be recognized by smx and
> installed / started, but it's not listed in osgi list and also not shown
> in
> jbi ls.
>
> When I now copy the same file again to the deploy folder replacing the
> existing file while smx is running, then it will be recognized and
> correctly
> installed / started.
>
> I also tried it with servicemix-file and jsr181 to be sure it's not
> related
> to a single file, but the behaviour is the same.
>
> As this was supported behaviour in smx3 I think this could be a bug.
>
> Regards,
> Lars

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet