Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2015/06/24 15:05:21 UTC

Re: [SCXML] Mirror or move to git?

Sorry for late response.
I personally prefer moving from svn to git rather than just mirroring. I
assume we can take advantage of the full features of git (e.g, easier
branching and merging) better with that approach.
What do others think?

Regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 5:05 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello Woosan,

>> Sorry for late response.
>> I personally prefer moving from svn to git rather than just mirroring. I
>> assume we can take advantage of the full features of git (e.g, easier
>> branching and merging) better with that approach.
>> What do others think?
>

> I'm not working on SCXML. Do you want to take the lead in this regard? You
> can simply start a VOTE by lazy consensus whether SCXML should be migrated
> to git. The migration it self can be done by creating a jira issue for
> infra.

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, that sounds like a plan!
I've researched on the discussions in the past and JIRA issues
(INFRA-8180 and INFRA-9478). Indeed, it should be simpler now than
before thanks to MATH and LANG.
I will start a VOTE tomorrow if any other PMC member doesn't beat me. ;-)

Kind regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Hello Woosan,