Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mike Helmick <he...@cs.xu.edu> on 2004/06/30 01:22:14 UTC

load all pages on startup

I have been searching through the list archives and looking through the
book, but I can't seem to find this
(I think I'm just using the wrong search terms)

but...
is it possible to have Tapestry pre-load all of the page specifications
and templates when the servlet is initialized?

ie. I want to eliminate the delay the first time each page is accessed

thanks,
mike helmick

----------------------
Michael T Helmick,  M.S. 2004 NKU, B.S. 2000 XU
Ph.D. Student - University of Cincinnati, College of Engineering
Senior Consultant, Cardinal Solutions Group - Enterprise Java Solutions
  E-Mail: helmick@cs.xu.edu
     PCS: 513 290-5019
     Web: http://mikehelmick.com/
----------------------
Help stamp out and abolish redundancy.

Re: load all pages on startup

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
There isn't a good way for Tapestry to "find" all your pages
automatically. Not only are the rules for where pages located
complicated, but the APIs needed to search the WEB-INF folder is not
avaialble in Servlet API 2.1.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:28:13 +0800, Alex <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can use use cycle.getPage() to preload all the pages.
>

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:22:14 -0400, Mike Helmick <he...@cs.xu.edu> wrote:
> >
> > I have been searching through the list archives and looking through the
> > book, but I can't seem to find this
> > (I think I'm just using the wrong search terms)
> >
> > but...
> > is it possible to have Tapestry pre-load all of the page specifications
> > and templates when the servlet is initialized?
> >
> > ie. I want to eliminate the delay the first time each page is accessed
> >
> > thanks,
> > mike helmick

> > ----------------------
> > Michael T Helmick,  M.S. 2004 NKU, B.S. 2000 XU
> > Ph.D. Student - University of Cincinnati, College of Engineering
> > Senior Consultant, Cardinal Solutions Group - Enterprise Java Solutions
> >  E-Mail: helmick@cs.xu.edu
> >     PCS: 513 290-5019
> >     Web: http://mikehelmick.com/

Howard M. Lewis Ship