Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Bastien Durel <ba...@data.fr> on 2020/10/30 14:48:58 UTC

Tracing configuration

Hello,

I'd like to activate tracing to investigate a slowdown, I have
succeeded (I think) to activate trace gathering by linking
optional/ignite-opencensus/ into libs, then using control.sh

Command [TRACING-CONFIGURATION] started
Arguments: --tracing-configuration
Scope, Label, Sampling Rate, included scopes
DISCOVERY,,1.0,[]
EXCHANGE,,0.0,[]
COMMUNICATION,,1.0,[]
TX,,1.0,[]
Command [TRACING-CONFIGURATION] finished with code: 0

But I don't find how to direct traces on my collector.

I put a call to

io.opencensus.exporter.trace.zipkin.ZipkinTraceExporter.createAndRegister(url, serviceName);

in the static section of a class loaded by the server at start, but I
get some NoClassDefFoundError.
I miss at least zipkin-reporter-2.7.14.jar, zipkin-2.12.0.jar and
zipkin-sender-urlconnection-2.7.14.jar for the Zipkin part ,but now I
get an error for io/opencensus/exporter/trace/util/TimeLimitedHandler

Is this normal that zipkin & part of opencensus are missing from the
released distribution ? (I'm using Debian package), or must I use a
totally different way of configuring collection ?

Thanks. Best regards,

--
Bastien Durel
DATA

bastien.durel@data.fr
tel : +33 (0) 1 57 19 59 28
fax : +33 (0) 1 57 19 59 73
45 avenue Carnot, 94230 CACHAN France
www.data.fr

Re: Tracing configuration

Posted by Bastien Durel <ba...@data.fr>.
Le vendredi 30 octobre 2020 à 18:03 +0300, Maxim Muzafarov a écrit :
> Hello Bastien,
>
> Is the issue [1] is the same as you faced with?
> It seems to me it will be available in 2.9.1 (or 2.10).

Hello,

It may be, but I don't know enough about maven to see what the patch is
about to change.

Re: Tracing configuration

Posted by Maxim Muzafarov <mm...@apache.org>.
Hello Bastien,