Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/06 14:46:23 UTC

Cleanup of directory server code in branches\2.0 and branches\2.0.0

As part of "GERONIMO-3340 Take apache directory plugin out of the main
build, put it in plugins.", the directory server code has been disabled from
the main build in rev 558213 (prior to creating branches\2.0), by commenting
out the entries in pom.xml, but the code has been left in the trunk as it
has not been moved to plugins.  Now that the code is in trunk, the copy of
this unused code is not required in branches\2.0 and branches\2.0.0.  I
thought I would cleanup this code from the branches.  I checked with Matt
and he is ok with it.  But, he asked me to check on the dev-list.  If there
are no objections, I propose to knock this unused code from branches (from
branches\2.0.0 only if an RC has not been spun already).  Here is an excerpt
from geronimo IRC.

<vamsic007>hogstrom: just wanted to findout if some unused directories in
modules and configs can be removed from branches\2.0.0. The directory server
related suff.
<vamsic007>not that it is a big thing... but just some cleanup...
<vamsic007>hogstrom: Removing those dirs won't make a difference because the
build is not touching those directories anyway as the corresponding entries
have been commented out in pom.xml files
<hogstrom <irc://irc.freenode.net/hogstrom,isnick>>if you want to clean it
up that's ok with me...however, we're dealing fall out from some other
little changes :)
<hogstrom <irc://irc.freenode.net/hogstrom,isnick>>ask on the dev list ... I
gotta run ... got a plane to catch

hogstrom has left #geronimo <irc://irc.freenode.net/%23geronimo>
<kevan <irc://irc.freenode.net/kevan,isnick>>vamsic007: what are the dirs?
<vamsic007>hogstrom: that's why I didn't propose any thing new to add at
this stage :)
<vamsic007>the directory server related stuff that has been disabled in the
build for now...
<vamsic007>hogstrom: ttyl
<vamsic007>kevan: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3340
<vamsic007>keavn: the directory server related stuff that has been disabled
in the build for now...
<vamsic007>kevan: the directory server related stuff that has been disabled
in the build for now...
<vamsic007>kevan: modules\geronimo-directory configs\ldap-realm
configs\ldap-demo-jetty configs\ldap-demo-tomcat
<vamsic007>kevan: The JIRA is on "Take apache directory plugin out of the
main build, put it in plugins"
<vamsic007>kevan: djencks disabled these in the main build in rev 558213 by
commenting out the pom.xml entries, but left the code in there as it has not
been moved to plugins.
<vamsic007>kevan: now that a copy of the code is in trunk, we may not need
it in branches\2.0 and branches\2.0.0

--vamsi

Re: Cleanup of directory server code in branches\2.0 and branches\2.0.0

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
David,

To be clear, you will take care of this whenever you can attend to it...
Right?

Vamsi

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Even better if the code is moved to plugins and removed from server tree at
the same time.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.