Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Giri <gi...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/17 00:47:31 UTC

faceted result

Hi,
I am using Solr's faceted response, and the result seems to be OK on the
numbers it is returning, but the words are trimmed in the response, for
example, instead of "atmosphere" the response is returning as "atmospher",
similarly the last letter (or last few letters) of most of the words are
trimmed in the faceted response. When I receive the full response with
matched values, the Solr returns the whole word without any trimming, this
ensures that Solr indexes the words properly.

here is an example facet response from solr:
<lst name="facet_counts">
<lst name="facet_queries"/>
-   <lst name="facet_fields">
-
<lst name="topic">
 <int name="atmospher">97</int>
 <int name="land">27</int>
 <int name="surfac">27</int>
 <int name="biospher">23</int>
 <int name="hydrospher">12</int>
</lst>
</lst>
</lst>

where as in the actual response, i am getting
<str name="topic">ATMOSPHERE</str>

Any input on this will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Giri

Re: faceted result

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
You've got your field set to be analyzed, and its using a stemmer.
Chances are you don't intend to analyze the fields you're faceting on
(and if you are doing that intentionally, performance caveats
apply).  Check that the field type is "string" and re-index.

	Erik