Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jon Rue <jo...@u.washington.edu> on 2007/02/09 18:55:43 UTC

Question about debug output

I'm having issues building with ant 1.6.5 integrated into the netbeans
5.5 ide. This is a project built outside the ide and has a very good
build script that works just find from the command line. When i run the
same script in the ide however it errors out with a lovely
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. I've output debug info for both runs and
it looks pretty similar to me. There does appear to be class loader
differences (at least things are loading in a different order).

The question I have is that what does it mean when I see a line like:
    Finding class org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler

that doesn't have an accompanying loaded from statement?
    Loaded from C:\Program
Files\netbeans-5.5\enterprise3\apache-tomcat-5.5.17\common\lib\jasper-compiler.jar

In the successful build I am seeing these two lines together with no
corresponding loaded from:
    Finding class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.env.INameEnvironment
    Finding class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.env.INameEnvironment

In the unsuccessful build I see:
    Finding class org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.env.INameEnvironment
    Error in class org.apache.jasper.JspC
    Exiting C:\Programming\cpas\trunk\server\build.xml.

Any ideas?

--
Jon Rue
Bioinformatics Systems Programmer

Re: Question about debug output

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Jon Rue wrote:
> Thanks but I know its not finding that class hence the error. I'm trying
> to figure out why there are differences in running Ant from within the
> IDE and running it from command line (which works flawlessly). Can
> someone answer my original question concerning the class loader?

when you run ant under an IDE, you are in its classloader and JVM; you
dont go through ant-launcher and its main.

Re: Question about debug output

Posted by Jon Rue <jo...@u.washington.edu>.
Thanks but I know its not finding that class hence the error. I'm trying
to figure out why there are differences in running Ant from within the
IDE and running it from command line (which works flawlessly). Can
someone answer my original question concerning the class loader?

Thanks,

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.