Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "Stephen Chell (DSL AK)" <St...@datacom.co.nz> on 2004/05/24 02:55:28 UTC

Logging problems with XML Security 1.1

I recently downloaded the 1.1 version of the Java XML security library.  I
notice that it now uses the Apache commons logging package rather than
log4j.

When I replaced the 1.0 version in my web app with the 1.1 version (and
supporting commons-logging library) and deployed it to WebSphere application
server 5.1, I'm now getting the following ClassCastException during
initialisation:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.ibm.ws.commons.logging.TrLogFactory
 at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$2.run(LogFactory.java:609)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:561)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:352)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:414)
 at  at org.apache.xml.security.Init.<clinit>(Unknown Source).null(Unknown
Source)
 ... 64 more

Any suggestions how to resolve this?