Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Reid <jr...@openconnect.co.uk> on 2002/07/17 15:07:48 UTC

HTML special characters in options tags

Hi all

My designer wants me to pad labels in option tags with &nbsp;. I am using
the <html:options /> custom tag with two Vectors to produce my options list.
When the page is rendered, the &nbsp;'s that I put in the labels Vector are
automatically converted to &amp;nbsp;. Is there any way that I can disable
this behaviour?

John

John Reid

RE: HTML special characters in options tags

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
A quick and dirty solution might be to cut and paste the code for the entire
html:options tag to create your own version which doesnt encode the option
text.
(Im sure there is a better way though!)

> Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
> http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta
>

> > My designer wants me to pad labels in option tags with &nbsp;.
> I am using
> > the <html:options /> custom tag with two Vectors to produce my
> > options list.
> > When the page is rendered, the &nbsp;'s that I put in the labels
> > Vector are
> > automatically converted to &amp;nbsp;. Is there any way that I
> can disable
> > this behaviour?

Thanks for the reply James. Unfortunately, filter is Struts 1.1, and I am
using 1.0.

John
---

RE: HTML special characters in options tags

Posted by John Reid <jr...@openconnect.co.uk>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
try filter="false"

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>