Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Mag Gam <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/27 12:38:47 UTC

Derby + Lucene

Anyone here have any luck with integration of Apache Derby and Lucene?

Re: Derby + Lucene

Posted by markharw00d <ma...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks for the reminder, Otis.

I haven't done any more on this since this post:

http://archives.devshed.com/a/ml/200501-114586/lucene-query-sql-kind

The scalability concerns with the user-defined-functions I created
prevented me from taking it any further. A proper solution would need a
tighter (ie more complex) integration with Derby internals.
If you have some small-scale requirements and are still interested in
this UDF-based approach let me know and I can mail you the experimental
code I wrote.

Cheers
Mark

Re: Derby + Lucene

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
--- Mag Gam <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone here have any luck with integration of Apache Derby and
> Lucene?

I believe Mark Harwood has done some experiments with Lucene and
Derby... here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Lucene+derby+harwood

Otis