Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2018/01/05 21:32:48 UTC

[Royale] ICollectionView

Hi,

I've pushed a change to the develop branch that should make it easier to deal with dynamic data sets. The heart of this is ICollectionView, in the Collections project. This interface describes a class that allows items to be added, removed, and updated dynamically but can also front a more complex data set. For example, you could make a class, SortedData, which implements ICollectionView. Internally, the class might have an ArrayList that holds the original data. When you sort it, that creates an internal sorted list, leaving the original untouched. The SortedData's implementation of ICollectionView works only with the internal sorted list.

I extended ArrayList to implement ICollectionView.

In the Basic project you will find a new model, SingleSelectionCollectionViewModel. This model is similar to ArrayListSelectionModel, but expects its dataProvider to implement ICollectionView.

Also in the Basic project you will find a new bead, DataItemRendererFactoryForCollectionView. This bead assumes the model's dataProvider implements ICollectionView. It also responds to the insert, remove, and update events on the collection, generating new itemRenderer instances as needed or removing them.

Back in the Collection project you will find a new collection, TreeData. This class also implements ICollectionView. TreeData is composed of HierarchicalData (items with nested children). When accessed via the ICollectionView interface, TreeData responds with a "flattened" view of the structured data. For example, if you have nodes A and B and node A has children A1, A2 and node B has children B1, B2, and B3, if you "open" node B, the flattened version of this will appear to be an array of [Node A, Node B, Node B1, NodeB3, NodeB3].

Returning to the Basic project, DataItemRendererFactoryForHierarchicalData now assumes the dataProvider in the model is an ICollectionView (implemented by TreeData in Collections) object. In other words, Tree now uses ICollectionView and the associated beads.The TreeExample shows this in action. You can also easily use this with List by setting the List's model to SingleSelectionCollectionViewModel and its data mapper to DataItemRendererFactoryForCollectionView.

I had a reasonably working version of DataGrid for this, but I backed out the change temporarily. I will get that working again next week.

Regards,
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Royale Project

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

I was talking about DataGrid from Basic. Now I'm building example using
Basic only components. I didn't have time to check whether adding to
DataGridExample panel there will be the same issue.

MDL Table is separate component based on List.

Thanks, Piotr

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
I can provide you off the list everything. Send you separate email.

Thanks,
Piotr

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by piotrz <pi...@apache.org>.

<http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/file/t1/dg_height_zero.png>

<http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/file/t1/dg_.png>

Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Piotr,

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

Thank you very much. It will definitely help me finish another Big example!
I will check it tomorrow :)

Piotr

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

When you were saying that :"I had a reasonably working version of DataGrid
for this..." - Do you mean usage of all that new stuff which helps sorting
etc ? I'm working on the next example where DataGrid is being used. I would
like to have also ability to update like we are doing that in list by
"DynamicUpdateItemRendererForArrayListData", but Grid is not a IList, which
we are expecting in those Beads. What do you think what we should do in
order to achieve that ?

Thanks, Piotr

> Many Thanks!
>
> I just noticed that Grid doesn't have selectedItem property. Not sure if
> it was for purpose.
>
> Piotr

>> I did notice that something was happening with the scrollbars. I will look
>> into it.
>> ‹peter
>>
>> On 1/6/18, 8:52 AM, "piotrz" <pi...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Peter,
>> >
>> >Just wanted to let you know that I have started use more extensively
>> >DataGrid and I have found that using FlexLayout gives a way better
>> results
>> >for DataGrid than VerticalFlexLayout/HorizotnalFlexLayout beads.
>> >
>> >Ma last commit fixes issue with synchronizing width of column with width
>> >of
>> >header buttons in DataGrid.
>> >
>> >However there is one problem with that - Scrollbar. Take a look into the
>> >DataGridExample where scrollbar appear. Last column is a bit shifted.
>> >Without scrollbar width is perfectly synced.
>> >
>> ><https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%
>> 3A%2F%2Fapache-ro
>> >yale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com%2Ffile%2Ft1%2Fscroll_
>> bar_problem.png&
>> >data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com%7C8c21b8b4e77145f0ef1f08d55
>> 50cc1c8%7Cfa7b1
>> >b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636508435642510130&sd
>> ata=lqFyo5AO7td
>> >RcHECAn1KbiDZJOFiMi9bpfNLnFvDYgQ%3D&reserved=0>
>> >
>> >If you have an idea how to fix that problem it would be great if you
>> could
>> >do it during your work on DataGrid.
>> >
>> >Maybe we shouldn't actually fix that ?
>> >
>> >Thanks, Piotr
>> >

>> >--
>> >Sent from:
>> >https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%
>> 2F%2Fapache-roy
>> >ale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com
>> %7C8
>> >c21b8b4e77145f0ef1f08d5550cc1c8%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c17
>> 8decee1%7C0%7C0
>> >%7C636508435642510130&sdata=%2Fd%2FchSnNgv9qO7qhIF%2B5e7uN0
>> U1nCJpZMjRGBwEQ
>> >cqs%3D&reserved=0
>>

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Many Thanks!

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by piotrz <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Peter,

<http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/file/t1/scroll_bar_problem.png>

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Now that I've checked in TreeGrid and my changes to DataGrid (not much) I
can look into this with you.

I created an interface, IDataGridColumn so that TreeGrid and DataGrid can
share a lot of the same code, although the two are separate at the moment.
I want TreeGrid to be able to use most of the same beads DataGrid does or
will have available to it in the future. The styling should be the same,
too.

‹peter

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Sorry for the delay; yesterday was a company holiday here in the States. I
was catching up on other things. I figured this would come up; we need to
have a plan for style names that is consistent. What we have now isn't
working right all the time. I was trying to give the columns additional
class names as "first", "middle", and "last" so that borders could be
added more precisely. That seems not be working either. I think its my
application and not anything to do with the underlying Royale framework.
I'll look into this today.

Thanks for all your help!

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by piotrz <pi...@apache.org>.
Peter,

<http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/file/t1/list_each_datagridcolumnlist.png>

<http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/file/t1/border_grid.png>

<http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/file/t1/no_border_grid.png>

There is no border, cause DataGridColumnList style doesn't have it [2].

I think we should:
1) Set className = "DataGridColumnList" - here [3]
2) Add those border to class "DataGridColumnList" in css

What do you think ?

[1] https://goo.gl/n27aYN
[2] https://goo.gl/N4S9PK
[3] https://goo.gl/8mF2Lr

Thanks,
Piotr

--
Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

I have pushed changes. DataGridPercentageView has been cleaned up nicely. I
end up with one method only there. It should be used through the css:

.MyGridStyle
{
     IBeadView:
ClassReference("org.apache.royale.html.beads.DataGridPercentageView");
}

I have update also DataGridExample.

Thanks, Piotr

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

I did analysis of DataGridPercentageView and the only difference between
DataGridView is one line of code. I would go and extend DataGridView. What
do you think ? This bead is really useful to me and it's working, but it
need to be cleaned up.

If I extend it I will simply fix issue above.

Thanks, Piotr

> Peter,
>
> I have found what's the problem is!! I'm using in my DataGrid bead DataGridPercentageView.
> This bead messing up with styles, basically overwrite them. Not sure
> actually what happened yet inside. If I remove it css class which provides
> your bead to the DataGrid is starting to be assign correctly.
>
> Piotr

>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Yest DataGridExample is working for me. The second grid is responding for
>> add/remove item.
>>
>> I'm going to add to the DataGridExample today/tomorrow Panel as I have
>> and see whether style will be applied.
>> My styles are in separate files style.css. DataGridExample has them
>> inside MXML.
>>
>> Thanks, Piotr

>>> Does the DataGridExample even work for you? You should see two DataGrids,
>>> the second being dynamic with the add and remove buttons inserting and
>>> removing a row. Is that working?
>>>
>>> The images in your links look OK and match what I have. I think there is
>>> still more to do with CSS and maybe that's what you are hitting. I'm
>>> concerned though that the new CollectionView classes are not being put
>>> into play in your code.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Peter

>>> are

>>> %2F%2Fapache-ro
>>> _dg.png&data=02
>>> %7Cfa7b1b5a7b34
>>> pNZxf%2BhzXfjZM

>>> %2F%2Fapache-ro
>>> rid_Example.png
>>> 587e6389%7Cfa7b
>>> data=27miZTux0h

>>> %2F%2Fpaste.apa
>>> 6d4680d7e008d55
>>> 222212923786&sd
>>> %2F%2Fpaste.apa
>>> 6d4680d7e008d55
>>> 222212923786&sd

>>> 2F%2Fapache-roy
>>> %7C7
>>> 8decee1%7C0%7C0
>>> sqbKM5dV2pMmL0%
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>
>> Patreon: *https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki
>> <https://www.patreon.com/piotrzarzycki>*
>>

> --
>
> Piotr Zarzycki

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Peter,

> [...]

>> >[2]
>> >https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%
>> 3A%2F%2Fpaste.apa
>> >che.org%2FIte8&data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com%7C7e49d359a3
>> 6d4680d7e008d55
>> >87e6389%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636512
>> 222212923786&sd
>> >ata=NHXr6cFGvG8Wf8hE43vvTVrc0M45f7%2FGgWz9c5F0kNQ%3D&reserved=0
>> >
>> >Thanks, Piotr
>> >

>> >--
>> >Sent from:
>> >https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%
>> 2F%2Fapache-roy
>> >ale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com
>> %7C7
>> >e49d359a36d4680d7e008d5587e6389%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c17
>> 8decee1%7C0%7C0
>> >%7C636512222212923786&sdata=lg3ZlzcBIWyrpg%2FXGIkzOhv0xUpfV

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

--

Piotr Zarzycki

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Re: [Royale] ICollectionView

Posted by piotrz <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Peter,

I just started to use your classes on DataGrid and in my examples they are
not working. Something is wrong with assigning CSS style to DataGridColumn.

I have following structure [1] and CSS. This css is in separate file. In the
main applications file I have simply: <fx:Style
source="resources/styles.css"/>

After compilation I see that class="userList" is being assigned to main Div
of DataGrid. For the column divs I see only: class="first
DataGridColumnList". In DataGridExample there is for the the column:
class="DynamicGridColumn DataGridColumnList".

My Grid After compilation:
<http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/file/t1/no_class_dg.png>

Grid from DataGridExample:
<http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/file/t1/dg_datagrid_Example.png>

I haven't try more things, but maybe Panel messing up with something ? I
will be trying some ideas and scenarios tomorrow.

[1] https://paste.apache.org/OMfW
[2] https://paste.apache.org/Ite8

Thanks, Piotr

--