Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pirabu Pathmasenan <Pi...@entrust.com> on 2005/01/18 21:04:29 UTC

having only one application running using Tomcat 5.x

hey,

I just wanted to know .. when we set clientauth = "true' .. it will make
sure for each application using Tomcat 5.x .. if the person requesting the
appliation is really who he/she is.  But, with this in mind, and when
clientauth ="true" .. i just want to have one particular application to work
with this feature .. and when accessing other application using Tomcat ... i
don't want the feature of clientauth='true" to work .. i would want it to
fail ...

So is there a setting in Tomcat .. where we can set the url .. so that only
for one of application the behaviour of .. clientauth="true" .. would work
..

cheers

Re: having only one application running using Tomcat 5.x

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
That being said(per my last no).

You can have 2 ajp connections. One on port 8009 with client=true and port
8008 with clientauth=false. Then makes sure your apache config knows about
the different workers.

-Tim

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
No. Clientauth is a property of the connector and everything that uses that
connector.

-Tim