Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2015/01/05 08:03:11 UTC

[VALIDATOR] Ready for 1.4.1 RC3?

Hi all,

there have been some fixes in the last few days (mostly thanks to sebb) and
my feeling is, that we're ready to cut 1.4.1 RC3.
If there is something left you would like to add, then please let me know.
Otherwise I'll cut RC3 tonight or tomorrow.

Regards,
Benedikt

--
http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/

Re: [VALIDATOR] Ready for 1.4.1 RC3?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10 January 2015 at 14:13, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> I've not seen any development activity over the past few days, so I'm
> assuming that 1.4.1 RC 3 can now be rolled out (which I will do tomorrow)

Yes, sorry, should have said I had finished.

I've not checked Clirr, but I don't think I changed anything that
would affect that.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 January 2015 at 00:30, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5 January 2015 at 07:03, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > there have been some fixes in the last few days (mostly thanks to sebb)
>> and
>> > my feeling is, that we're ready to cut 1.4.1 RC3.
>>
>> Yes, I think it is in a stable state.
>> I have been checking the source with Java 1.4 on a Windows VM and it
>> passes.
>>
>> > If there is something left you would like to add, then please let me
>> know.
>>
>> I'm still wondering about VALIDATOR-235 - allowing IDN names.
>>
>> I've just updated the issue with two possible approaches.
>>
>> Assuming we want to do it at all, I favour the reflection approach, as
>>

> Bleh. Let's cut 1.4.1 ASAP, then update the platform requirement to Java 6
> and put out a 1.5.

Yes, that is the plan.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 5 January 2015 at 16:21, Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> wrote:
> If you are bumping the minimum java version, this should be really 1.5.

We are not moving to Java 1.5+, because that would require lots more
work (generics, Javadoc etc)

> Technically the bump won't be a true drop in for someone on 1.4.... but who
> is on 1.4 anymore? Your call.

Which is why I am keen on implementing the reflection solution.

This is a bit more work, but should get a usable solution released
sooner than full conversion to 1.5+

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <be...@gmail.com>.

Send from my mobile device