Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Victor Salaman <vs...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/14 12:20:05 UTC

Velocity Profiler

Hi:

Is there some kind of velocity profiler available or can I do something to
the codebase to know how much time the template engine spent processing each
node?

/V

Re: Velocity Profiler

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 12/14/01 6:20 AM, "Victor Salaman" <vs...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Is there some kind of velocity profiler available or can I do something to
> the codebase to know how much time the template engine spent processing each
> node?

We thought of doing that a while back, but dropped it as it would be extra
junk that no one would use on a regular basis, and you can use a regular
profiler to figure out any hotspots you have...  We did it a while back and
got rid of the gratuitous string machinations and object creations...

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting