Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2002/04/08 16:38:42 UTC

TDK 2.2 - Does it work at all?

Hi,

I might be thickheaded on this (I myself use a heavily modified TDK
which I drag from project to project, but I decided to get a little
more in sync with the Turbine mainline. So I pulled the 3/19/2002
release of the TDK (tdk-2.2-b1.tar.gz) from jakarta.apache.org,
unpacked and "ant -verbose" :

I have a ~henning/build.properties which only contains

--- cut ---
tdk.home = /home/henning/jakarta/tdk  (this is the path of the TDK unpacked)
--- cut ---

All seems to work fine until

application-template:
Property ${target.database} has not been set
 [property] Loading /home/henning/jakarta/tdk/tdk/ancillary/torque/src/conf/database/${target.database}
 [property] Unable to find property file: /home/henning/jakarta/tdk/tdk/ancillary/torque/src/conf/database/${target.database}

Yeah, right. Mainly because

- I have no target.database defined. Why should I? :-)
- The files tdk/tdk/ancillary/torque/src/conf/database/<database-name>
  don't exist at all. The directory is in the TDK. The files are not.

If I define a target.database = mysql in my ~henning/build.properties, I
get the expected error:

application-template:
 [property] Loading /mnt/home.net/henning/jakarta/tdk/tdk/ancillary/torque/src/conf/database/mysql
 [property] Unable to find property file: /mnt/home.net/henning/jakarta/tdk/tdk/ancillary/torque/src/conf/database/mysql

I tried to build the TDK from CVS but there seem to be major obstacles
(a tdk.jar where the source is not locateable, referenced source files
(said task stuff) does not exist) and so I gave up.

What do I do wrong? Am I doing anything wrong? Or is it just that the TDK
is "in a state of flux..." ?

Well, back to my own TDK... :-)

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20