Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Claudia Burman <cb...@elbolson.com> on 2006/07/17 19:04:51 UTC

Whitelist_subject and Blacklist_Subject

I've googled and I searched the list archives but I can't find
information on this.
How do you use the whitelist subject and the blacklist subject plugin?
Where do yo write the blacklist or the whitelist?

Thanks
Claudia Burman
El Bolsón, Patagonia Argentina

Re: Whitelist_subject and Blacklist_Subject

Posted by z3r0 <ki...@hotmail.com>.
Hello

Would it work if add to user_prefs this line

whitelist_subject good subject

I mean will that give me -100 score if an email comes with good subject, in
subject?
My question is about validity of writing that in user_prefs file.

Posted by Dhawal Doshy <dh...@netmagicsolutions.com>.

[SNIP]

Posted by John Horne <jo...@plymouth.ac.uk>.
On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 15:57 +0530, Ramprasad wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 14:04 -0300, Claudia Burman wrote:
> > I've googled and I searched the list archives but I can't find
> > information on this.
> > How do you use the whitelist subject and the blacklist subject plugin?
> > Where do yo write the blacklist or the whitelist?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Claudia Burman
> > El Bolsón, Patagonia Argentina
>
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_WhiteListSubject.html
>
> just put in your local.cf ( or wherever you want to )
>

> whitelist_subject good subject
> blacklist_subject spammy subject
>
> Assuming you have the subject module loaded in SA

Hello,

I'm guessing here that this is an SA 3.1 thing (subject whitelisting)?
We are running 3.0.6.

My question though is does whitelisting something cause SA to abort
trying the other tests? In our case we tend to have senders, and
sometimes subjects, that we want to allow through. To that extent we
don't need/want SA to carry out any other tests, as by whitelisting them
we are saying we don't care about the message just let it through. It
seems a waste of the servers (and network) resources to carry out a load
of tests when we know, by doing the whitelist tests first, that we want
the message delivered unmarked.

Regards,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@plymouth.ac.uk       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839

Re: Whitelist_subject and Blacklist_Subject

Posted by Ramprasad <ra...@netcore.co.in>.
On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 14:04 -0300, Claudia Burman wrote:
> I've googled and I searched the list archives but I can't find
> information on this.
> How do you use the whitelist subject and the blacklist subject plugin?
> Where do yo write the blacklist or the whitelist?
>
> Thanks
> Claudia Burman
> El Bolsón, Patagonia Argentina

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_WhiteListSubject.html

just put in your local.cf ( or wherever you want to )

whitelist_subject good subject
blacklist_subject spammy subject

Assuming you have the subject module loaded in SA

Thanks
Ram