Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gavin Donald <do...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/27 10:21:41 UTC

Tomcat 8.0.33 not seeing JSP extracted from zip during context deploy.

Hello,

I recently upgraded from */Tomcat 8.0.9/***to */8.0.33/*.

I have a zip file that contains JSPs. When the context starts a custom
/ThemeManager /class looks at a /theme.jar/ file and extracts some
SiteMesh decorators to /WEB-INF/decorator-template/.

Since I upgraded to 8.0.33, Tomcat does not seem to be able to detect
that those files have been extracted. The error I am seeing in the
console is:

*/javax.servlet.ServletException: File
[/WEB-INF/decorator-template/decorator-default.jsp] not found/*

The error is quite obviously not finding the file, but it is in that
location. No changes have been made to the ThemeManager class and
everything still works fine in 8.0.9.

Currently I need to restart Tomcat 8.0.33 a second time to see the
extracted files. After that I can happily make changes to the
/theme.jar/, the /ThemeManager /will redeploy it and Tomcat will serve
the new version of the file. It is as if Tomcat 8.0.33 does not know
those files have been extracted from the /theme.zip/ and requires a
restart before it will recognise they exist. *Does anyone know why this
may be (has there been a change in the way Tomcat manages JSPs
recently?), and better yet - does anyone have a solution?*

I tried to set */development/* to */true/* in */conf/web.xml/*//but it
didn't help and I'm not sure that would be suitable for live/./ I have
checked my web-apps log files between 8.0.9 and 8.0.33 and can't see any
differences. It seems that Tomcat 8.0.33 is behaving differently to 8.0.9.
/
/Thanks

Gavin./
/

Re: Tomcat 8.0.33 not seeing JSP extracted from zip during context deploy.

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <mi...@gmail.com>.

> Hello,
>
> I recently upgraded from */Tomcat 8.0.9/***to */8.0.33/*.
>
> I have a zip file that contains JSPs. When the context starts a custom
/ThemeManager /class looks at a /theme.jar/ file and extracts some SiteMesh
decorators to /WEB-INF/decorator-template/.

> Since I upgraded to 8.0.33, Tomcat does not seem to be able to detect
that those files have been extracted. The error I am seeing in the console
is:

> */javax.servlet.ServletException: File
[/WEB-INF/decorator-template/decorator-default.jsp] not found/*

> The error is quite obviously not finding the file, but it is in that
location. No changes have been made to the ThemeManager class and
everything still works fine in 8.0.9.

> Currently I need to restart Tomcat 8.0.33 a second time to see the
extracted files. After that I can happily make changes to the /theme.jar/,
the /ThemeManager /will redeploy it and Tomcat will serve the new version
of the file. It is as if Tomcat 8.0.33 does not know those files have been
extracted from the /theme.zip/ and requires a restart before it will
recognise they exist. *Does anyone know why this may be (has there been a
change in the way Tomcat manages JSPs recently?), and better yet - does
anyone have a solution?*

> I tried to set */development/* to */true/* in */conf/web.xml/*//but it
didn't help and I'm not sure that would be suitable for live/./ I have
checked my web-apps log files between 8.0.9 and 8.0.33 and can't see any
differences. It seems that Tomcat 8.0.33 is behaving differently to 8.0.9.
> /

I made very basic app based on your description but I do not observe such
behaviour.
Can you provide some simple example that shows the problem? (e.g. on github)

Regards,
Violeta