Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/18 02:31:33 UTC

Starting to build the user guide [Was Re: Possible workflow]

I started to create the User Guide pages on the wiki

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide

Even if there is some content scattered on those pages (the UI page and
Java section under Options menu... someone needs to check my grammar) they
are mainly empty right now, but on the following days I'll try to translate
what it is already done on the ES wiki

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/ES/Manuales/GuiaAOO

Regards
Ricardo

Re: Starting to build the user guide [Was Re: Possible workflow]

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/2/7 Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>

> On 31/01/2013 02:03, RGB ES wrote:
>
>> The first draft for a Writer guide is now (almost) complete
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/**wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/**Writer<http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Writer>
>>

> Very nice, Ricardo! I had a look and it is already quite complete. I fixed
> a few typos, but of course it will need to be reviewed by a native English
> speaker.
>
> I'm sorry that you are now forced to take a break due to personal issues.
> Looking forward to seeing you back to normal activity soon!

Thanks! I'll try to come back ASAP.

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/1/21 RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>

> I'll try to build a first draft of the Writer guide this week,

The first draft for a Writer guide is now (almost) complete

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Writer

Grammar checkers are needed... :)

There are a couple of holes on those pages, volunteers to fill them and
expand the rest are welcome.

I'll try on the next weeks to write about Math.

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/1/21 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM, RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2013/1/18 RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>
> >
> >> I started to create the User Guide pages on the wiki
> >>
> >> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide
> >>

> > I need some help here. There are now several pages covering the beginning
> > of the guide
> >
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/UI
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Formatting
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/SearchReplace
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/AutoCorrect
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Extensions
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Options
> > and the sub page
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Options/AOO
> >
> > All these pages needs proofreading (as you can see, English is not my
> > native language) and someone that fill their holes.
> >
> > The page about supported file formats is completely empty and needs an
> > author
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/FileFormats
> >
> > I think a general spellcheck guide is also needed, but not sure where to
> > put it on the "tree". Maybe below Formatting and before SearchReplace?
> >
> > Also, install guides are needed, maybe at the beginning of the guide? I
> > wrote a Linux install guide on the forums that can be "wikified":
> >
> > http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=50119
> >
> > In the near future I can start with the Writer and Math guides, but
> someone
> > needs to take care of other components.
> >
> > Thoughts? Volunteers? ;)
> >

> Do we want to have a "call for volunteers" soon?  Or do you want to
> make more progress first?

I'll try to build a first draft of the Writer guide this week, but yes, we

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/1/22 RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>

> Hello, Bonnie!
>

> 2013/1/22 Bonnie Smith Ries <ri...@gmail.com>
>
>> I'd love to work on this; I am a brand-new volunteer, though, and don't
>> know how to download the documentation.  Any help would be appreciated!
>>

> Right now, the documentation is growing on the wiki, so it is online only:
> you need an account to edit the documents. I think there is an extension
> for Writer to export on wiki format but I've never used it.
>
> As you know Spanish, you can help me to translate the pages existing on
> the ES wiki. I'll create the pages on the EN wiki to fill them.

There is now a 1 to 1 correspondence between the pages listed here (on
Spanish)

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/ES/Manuales/GuiaAOO/Writer

and the pages listed here

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Writer

with the small difference that for now most of the pages on the second list
are almost empty, waiting for someone to fill them :)

Ricardo

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Bonnie!

Posted by Bonnie Smith Ries <ri...@gmail.com>.

--
XOXOXOXO
Bonnie Smith Ries

Re: Starting to build the user guide [Was Re: Possible workflow]

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
RGB ES wrote:
> 2013/1/18 RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>
>
>> I started to create the User Guide pages on the wiki
>>
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide
>>

> I need some help here. There are now several pages covering the beginning
> of the guide
>
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/UI
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Formatting
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/SearchReplace
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/AutoCorrect
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Extensions
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Options
> and the sub page
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/Options/AOO
>
> All these pages needs proofreading (as you can see, English is not my
> native language) and someone that fill their holes.
>
> The page about supported file formats is completely empty and needs an
> author
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/UserGuide/FileFormats
>
> I think a general spellcheck guide is also needed, but not sure where to
> put it on the "tree". Maybe below Formatting and before SearchReplace?
>
> Also, install guides are needed, maybe at the beginning of the guide? I
> wrote a Linux install guide on the forums that can be "wikified":
>
> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=50119
>
> In the near future I can start with the Writer and Math guides, but someone
> needs to take care of other components.
>
> Thoughts? Volunteers? ;)
>
> Regards
> Ricardo