Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Julian Harris <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/06 00:18:18 UTC

Jmeter 2.3.4-r785646 crashing: Mac OS X 10.5.8 / Java build 1.5.0_22-b03-333-9M3125

Hi all, I'm getting a crash with these steps:

   1. Launch bin/jmeter on my Mac
   2. Save the default Test Plan that is created by default
   3. Immediately click 'Run' on this plan
   4. Choose 'stop'.

The 'stopping all threads please be patient' dialog appears but in the Mac
console in the background I get:

    at apple.awt.CToolkit.invokeAndWait(CToolkit.java:1119)
    at apple.awt.CToolkit.invokeAndWait(CToolkit.java:1093)
    at
apple.awt.CAccessibility.accessibilityHitTest(CAccessibility.java:329)
Caused by: java.awt.IllegalComponentStateException: component must be
showing on the screen to determine its location
    at
java.awt.Component.getLocationOnScreen_NoTreeLock(Component.java:1680)
    at java.awt.Component.getLocationOnScreen(Component.java:1654)
    at apple.awt.CAccessibility$23.run(CAccessibility.java:330)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
    at apple.awt.CToolkit$CPeerEvent.dispatch(CToolkit.java:1175)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
[...]

This error occurs all over the place. The first time I got it was trying to
start a test that was nothing more than the Test Plan tutorial included with
the distribution. So I've not actually been able to run any tests yet.

Clearly there's something up with my environment, but I'm not sure what.
Research shows this error occurs when there is some kind of path conflict.
Could it be that Jmeter requires 10.6? I'm not going to move to that without
a lot of pain :(

Environment
As per subject line plus: CLASS_PATH not set globally, nor JAVA_HOME

Thanks in advance!