Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by ahmed <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/15 08:25:25 UTC

Do Lucene Search working fine with lenya 1.4 , Need inputs from all.

Hi ,

    A quick question and please reply to this .
    For me , Lucene search is not working in lenya 1.4 .when ever i give a
searcg string and say "Go" only a balnk page is displayed .

     Is same issue faced by anybody , let me know "Yes" and also "No" . I
think it's a major issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Re: Do Lucene Search working fine with lenya 1.4 , Need inputs from all.

Posted by ahmed <le...@gmail.com>.
Yeah ,
     Andreas is right , when we edit any document it is indexed .
     In mycase , i don;t see any exception or errors in log files , it shows
a blank result page .

     either we should be generating indexes once lenya1.4 is installed  or
installer generates for us.

     I support Andreas idea, installer generating the indexes
    +1

With thanks and regards
Ahmed

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

[...]

>> BTW, when you install Lenya there's no index yet, but once you
>> edit a document it is indexed. Maybe we should generate an index
>> during the build process if it doesn't exist,
>

> yes, of the sample content
>
>> or provide an
>> "index all" usecase.
>

> I think the search should also return an exception, that no index exists
> yet and with a note how an index can be created.

Or even generate the index, which would IMO be the most convenient
option (lazy initialization).

Do you know how this can be accomplished?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> ahmed wrote:
>>
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>>     A quick question and please reply to this .
>>>     For me , Lucene search is not working in lenya 1.4 .when ever i
>>> give a searcg string and say "Go" only a balnk page is displayed .
>>>
>>>      Is same issue faced by anybody , let me know "Yes" and also
>>> "No" . I think it's a major issue.
>>

>> AFAIK it should work, but maybe somthing broke during the UUID
>> implementation.
>

> The search works with UUID-based content, but I guess it doesn't
> work with old content.
>
> BTW, when you install Lenya there's no index yet, but once you
> edit a document it is indexed. Maybe we should generate an index
> during the build process if it doesn't exist,

yes, of the sample content

> or provide an
> "index all" usecase.

I think the search should also return an exception, that no index exists
yet and with a note
how an index can be created.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: Do Lucene Search working fine with lenya 1.4 , Need inputs from all.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
ahmed wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>     A quick question and please reply to this .
>     For me , Lucene search is not working in lenya 1.4 .when ever i
> give a searcg string and say "Go" only a balnk page is displayed .
>
>      Is same issue faced by anybody , let me know "Yes" and also
> "No" . I think it's a major issue.

AFAIK it should work, but maybe somthing broke during the UUID
implementation.

What do your logfiles say?

Michi

--