Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Santiago M. Mola" <co...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/29 11:23:22 UTC

Possible inconsistency in NearSpansOrdered and NearSpansUnordered

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a query for phrases without strict ordered and
with missing words. At the moment, I'm trying the Spans infrastructure
and this problem just arised.

NearSpansOrdered's constructor will throw an IllegalArgumentException
if less than 2 clauses are given, while NearSpansOrdered won't. Is
this done on purpose or it's an unwanted inconsistency?

Best regards,
--
Santiago M. Mola
Jabber ID: cooldwind@gmail.com

Re: Possible inconsistency in NearSpansOrdered and NearSpansUnordered

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Sounds like an unwanted inconsistency to me!  Can you open an issue,
post a patch? Thanks,

Mike