Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Shal Jain <sh...@intertechsys.com> on 2001/11/27 17:02:44 UTC

newbie question

I have James 2.0a1 configured to receive email.  When I use JavaMail API to
send out emails and don't explicitly specify
the system properties mail-host , the sent mail sits in James SPOOLED buffer
and never gets delivered.  However if I
specify the IP address of the machine running James for the mail-host value,
I get an error message from JavaMail regarding
invalid Host.  I must be doing something wrong in the config file - just
don't know what.
The only way I can get email to actually be delivered is by specifying my
ISP's smtp server as mail-host
i.e smtp.myisp.com

Also, I have installed a custom mailet for processing incoming email.  If
James is restarted and there were messages
in the spool folder, the mailet starts processing these.  How do I avoid
processing outbound messages.

RE: newbie question

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
1/ look in the log files and see if you can see why mail isnt being
delivered by james (is your config.xml dns setting correct), it seems that
JavaMail is delivering it to James Ok if it ends up in the spool.

2/ set a matcher up to match only local delivery, or put your mailet config
directly above the local delivery mailet.