Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ck...@onebox.com on 2006/01/27 17:49:42 UTC

how to control background color of svg-png rasterized with batik

I have created a graph in SVG format that I subsequently transformed into PNG format using Batik on the command line. The image appears as expected when viewed with my browser (Firefox). When I include the image in a PDF file (created using FOP 0.20.5), the background of the image is black. This is not only visually overwhelming, it also hides the black text I have used in the legend.

Is this a function of the Batik rasterizer or FOP, and how do I make the background white or transparent when including it in a PDF?

Thanks.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email