Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Piller Sébastien <pi...@hmcrecord.ch> on 2007/11/06 10:00:04 UTC

Question about localization

Hello everybody,

I have a question about the localization in Wicket 1.3 beta 4. I have to
handle different files for the same language and the same component. In
example, I have a home page in english who says "Hello dude!" (this
string is stored in a *.properties file). And I need a second
*.properties who store "Good morning mister!", and a way for switching
them. I've planned to put this ressource files into separate folder,
like this:
/src
  /my/package/MyComponent.java
  /my/package/MyComponent.html
  /my/package/MyComponent.properties // store defaults values
  /properties
    /style1
      MyComponent.properties // store "Hello dude!"
    /style2
      MyComponent.properties // store "Good morning Mister!"

Is it possible? And how can I do that?

Thank you very much!

S. Piller

Re: Question about localization

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
write your own wicket:message like tag?

-igor

Posted by Pills <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
application.init() {

Posted by Pills <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pills <pi...@hmcrecord.ch>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
i wouldnt use wicket's localization support for this.

you can always implement your own IStringResourceLoader, but the
problem with that is that wicket caches the lookup by default so you
wouldnt be able to switch.

now what you CAN do is write your own resourcemodel that would append
the style to the key, if you have style1.message and style2.message
properties defined then you wont have a problem and your
StyledResourceModel can simply append style1. or style2. to your
message lookups.

-igor