Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2006/10/06 23:35:35 UTC

Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF

Hi Everyone,

First, thanks for your patience as we've tried to figure out a
resolution to the problem of commit rights and CXF. I think we've all
learned a bit more about the Apache process. (And hopefully helped
define it a bit better! ;-))

The CXF PPMC/Incubator PMC has passed a resolution on how to move
forward. Here is what was decided:

1. The list of committers from the original proposal will stay exactly
the same.

2. When you need an account and if you are on the aforementioned list,
then email the cxf-dev list asking for an account. After 3 +1s are
tallied, you can email root@apache.org. The 3 +1s are needed so we are
aware when people get accounts and also so you the Apache account
creator knows that you have been approved for commit karma. Public
records are a good thing :-)

3. If you want to be on the PPMC, email the dev list and we will add you
to the PPMC.

4. At some future point, yet to be determined (possibly at graduation),
we will be taking a look at the project membership and culling it. This
means that if you haven't contributed anything you probably aren't going
to be part of the graduated Apache project. No specific actions are
being planned at this point though - we just want you to be aware that
this may happen in the future. Note that this has absolutely nothing to
do with not wanting people to be involved, its a matter of meritocracy.
We do want to get everyone involved and I hope we can do so.

With that said, lets get on with it, write code/docs and get M1 out! :-D

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions

Re: Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF

Posted by Mika Göckel <mi...@gmx.de>.
Cool.

I'm mikagoeckel everywhere :-)

Mika

--
cyber:con gmbh
Mika Göckel

Rathausallee 10
53757 Sankt Augustin

tel (+49)2241 / 9350 0
fax (+49)2241 / 9350 99
mob (+49) 172 / 279 2771
skype mika.goeckel
email mika@cybercon.de

Re: Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Hi Mika,

Mika Göckel wrote:
> [...]
>> account creator knows that you have been approved for commit karma.
>> Public records are a good thing :-)
>>
>> 3. If you want to be on the PPMC, email the dev list and we will add
>> you to the PPMC.
>>
>> 4. At some future point, yet to be determined (possibly at
>> graduation), we will be taking a look at the project membership and
>> culling it. This means that if you haven't contributed anything you
>> probably aren't going to be part of the graduated Apache project. No
>> specific actions are being planned at this point though - we just
>> want you to be aware that this may happen in the future. Note that
>> this has absolutely nothing to do with not wanting people to be
>> involved, its a matter of meritocracy. We do want to get everyone
>> involved and I hope we can do so.
>>
>> With that said, lets get on with it, write code/docs and get M1 out! :-D

- Dan

Posted by Mika Göckel <mi...@gmx.de>.
Hi Dan,

--
cyber:con gmbh
Mika Göckel

Rathausallee 10
53757 Sankt Augustin

tel (+49)2241 / 9350 0
fax (+49)2241 / 9350 99
mob (+49) 172 / 279 2771
skype mika.goeckel
email mika@cybercon.de

RE: Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF

Posted by "Lin, Bozhong" <Bo...@iona.com>.
Please do consider an account for me so I can continue contributing to CXF in distribution/release area, as I have done before. It would be great if I can be considered for PPMC also.

Thanks,
Bo

________________________________

Posted by Mark Little <ma...@jboss.com>.
I'd like to request commit access too please.

Thanks,

Mark.

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Can one of our mentors confirm this? Dims mentioned that we should do
this which is why I said we should - but if its not rquired, I care that
much. I think it is nice in the sense that it says unambiguously: this
person can be a committer - which people might remain confused about.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053

Re: Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
Just FYI:

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
On Oct 10, 2006, at 12:39 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> Kevin Conner wrote:
>
>> Hiya Dan.
>>
>> Dan Diephouse wrote:
>>
>>> 2. When you need an account and if you are on the aforementioned
>>> list, then email the cxf-dev list asking for an account.
>>

>> Can I have commit access please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>     Kev
>>
> Just so everyone remembers the process, we need to give 3 +1s. Once
> thats done Kevin you can email root@apache.org with a link to this
> thread (find it in here http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/
> incubator-cxf-dev/) and they should set you up.

Minor point: the PPMC does make the determination if commit
access is warranted not "just" the dev community....

Re: Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
+1

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.

Posted by Jiang Ning <ni...@iona.com>.
Hi Kev,

Since you have strong WS background, I  1+  for you to become a cxf
commitor.

Chrees,
Willem.

Posted by Andrea Smyth <an...@iona.com>.
+1  from me.

Suggestion: in the future, can we start separate threads for each
request for commit karma and/or PPMC membership? Makes it easier to find
the votes.

BTW we already have a list of committers on
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cxf.html
<http://incubator.apache.org/projects/cxf.html> (looks like every
incubating project lists their committers on
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/<project>.html) - it just needs to
be updated.

Andrea.

Posted by Mark Little <ma...@jboss.com>.

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
Hi,

Just created a new page
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/People
You can also navigator from the index page from the left column under
*Developers*
Feel free to edit the page, link your personal space in ;)

Cheers,
James.

Dan Diephouse 写道:

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053

Re: Accounts, Commit Karma & PPMC membership for CXF

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.

Posted by Mark Little <ma...@jboss.com>.

Posted by Kevin Conner <Ke...@jboss.com>.

Posted by "Lin, Bozhong" <Bo...@iona.com>.