Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/26 00:05:06 UTC

[IMPORTANT] questions for xsd and dtd file changes

Hi,

These questions need immediate answers:

1. Should we plan for a release 3.2.1 and create a new branch for 3.2.1 (both db-jdo and db-jdo-site) for issue JDO-806?
2. Should we use 3.2 as the xsd and dtd version numbers since there are no changes planned for them in 3.2.1?
3. Should we use https in the xsd and dtd headers?
4. Should we fix the typo in the date of the specification on the front page?

My proposal is yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Craig

Craig L Russell
javadog.clr@gmail.com
1220 University Ave
San Jose, CA 95126

Re: [IMPORTANT] questions for xsd and dtd file changes

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@apache.org>.
Hi Craig,

the changes are checked in into the the branch JDO-806 (not JDO-807 -
typo in my first email) and part of PR #40. I'll wait whether there is
some more feedback and then merge the PR into the main branch.

I noticed the mailer changed my definitions of the xsd elements and
added some URLS in brackets (e.g.
<http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/jdo/jdo>). So I added them to a text file,
you find it attached below. I think this is useful when we update the spec.

Regards Michael

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Bouschen, Michael" <Mi...@akquinet.de.INVALID>.
Hi,

<orm xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/jdo/orm"<http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/jdo/orm>
     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>
     xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/jdo/orm
     https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/orm_3_2.xsd">

<jdoquery xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/jdo/jdoquery"<http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/jdo/jdoquery>
          xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>
          xsi:schemaLocation="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/jdo/jdoquery
          https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/jdoquery_3_2.xsd">

<jdoconfig xmlns="http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/jdo/jdoconfig"<http://xmlns.jcp.org/xml/ns/jdo/jdoconfig>
           xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>
           xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/jdoconfig_3_2.xsd"<https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/jdoconfig_3_2.xsd>>

When using a document type descriptor the DOCTYPE is as follows:

<!DOCTYPE jdo PUBLIC
    "-//The Apache Software Foundation//DTD Java Data Objects Metadata 3.2//EN"
    "https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/jdo_3_2.dtd"<https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/jdo_3_2.dtd>>

<!DOCTYPE jdo SYSTEM "file:/javax/jdo/jdo_3_2.dtd"<file:/javax/jdo/jdo_3_2.dtd>>

<!DOCTYPE orm PUBLIC
    "-//The Apache Software Foundation//DTD Java Data Objects Mapping Metadata 3.2//EN"
    "https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/orm_3_2.dtd"<https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/orm_3_2.dtd>>

<!DOCTYPE orm SYSTEM "file:/javax/jdo/orm_3_2.dtd"<file:/javax/jdo/orm_3_2.dtd>>

<!DOCTYPE jdoquery PUBLIC
    "-//The Apache Software Foundation//DTD Java Data Objects Query Metadata 3.2//EN"
    "https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/jdoquery_3_2.dtd"<https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/jdoquery_3_2.dtd>>

<!DOCTYPE jdoquery SYSTEM "file:/javax/jdo/jdoquery_3_2.dtd"<file:/javax/jdo/jdoquery_3_2.dtd>>

<!DOCTYPE jdoconfig PUBLIC
    "-//The Apache Software Foundation//DTD Java Data Objects Configuration 3.2//EN"
    "https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/jdoconfig_3_2.dtd"<https://db.apache.org/jdo/xmlns/jdoconfig_3_2.dtd>>

<!DOCTYPE jdoconfig SYSTEM "file:/javax/jdo/jdoconfig_3_2.dtd"<file:/javax/jdo/jdoconfig_3_2.dtd>>

Regards Michael

On Mar 26, 2022, at 1:05 PM, Tilmann <ti...@gmx.de> wrote:

I vote yes, yes, yes, yes.

I do not quite [IMPORTANT] understand though, why is this urgent?

Mostly because I wanted to get started and either use main or a separate branch.

Based on Michael's comments, I'll create a branch just so we can review the entire set of changes in a PR.

Thanks,
Craig

Regards,
Til

On 26/03/2022 18:28, Bouschen, Michael wrote:

Hi Craig,

I agree and also vote for yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Some additional remarks:
- There is no need to create a branch 3.2.1 as long as there is no parallel activity for JDO 3.3. So for we could continue on the main branch.
- About the typo: sorry my bad!
- We should also update the schema descriptor and the document type descriptor in chapters 11 and 18 of the specification as described in JDO-806.

I plan to work on updating the .jdo, .orm, .jdoconfig, .jdoquery files to use the apache URL.

Regards Michael

Hi,

These questions need immediate answers:

1. Should we plan for a release 3.2.1 and create a new branch for 3.2.1 (both db-jdo and db-jdo-site) for issue JDO-806?
2. Should we use 3.2 as the xsd and dtd version numbers since there are no changes planned for them in 3.2.1?
3. Should we use https in the xsd and dtd headers?
4. Should we fix the typo in the date of the specification on the front page?

My proposal is yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Craig

Craig L Russell
javadog.clr@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>
1220 University Ave
San Jose, CA 95126

--
Michael Bouschen
akquinet tech@spree GmbH

E-Mail: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de<ma...@akquinet.de>
Web:   www.akquinet.de<http://www.akquinet.de><http://www.akquinet.de/><http://www.akquinet.de/>
Geschäftsführung: Martin Weber, Dr. Torsten Fink, Heinz Wilming
Amtsgericht Berlin HRB 86780 • USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/akquinet><http://www.facebook.com/akquinet>  [XING]<https://www.xing.com/companies/akquinetag><https://www.xing.com/companies/akquinetag>  [LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/akquinet-ag><https://www.linkedin.com/company/akquinet-ag>  [Twitter]<https://twitter.com/akquinet><https://twitter.com/akquinet>

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/akquinet>  [XING]<https://www.xing.com/companies/akquinetag>  [LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/akquinet-ag>  [Twitter]<https://twitter.com/akquinet>

Re: [IMPORTANT] questions for xsd and dtd file changes

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tilmann <ti...@gmx.de>.
I vote yes, yes, yes, yes.