Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Gavin Maselino <ga...@hotmail.com> on 2013/02/25 21:20:35 UTC

Using default request values and overriding within GUI

So within Jmeter I can use the property function to set a value which remains if not overridden at the command line like so:

${__P(PORT,  7001)}

What I would like to know is if that can be overridden from within the GUI by CSV or user defined variable or anything else?

I ask as I have up to approx 100 parameter values across 12 different http requests that I may need to manipulate depending on the test so I'd prefer to store those in the GUI so maintenance/change is simpler.

Re: Using default request values and overriding within GUI

Posted by Gavin Maselino <ga...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the advice Sebb. Just been reading that in Section 4.11 of the "Elements Of A Test Plan" page from the Jmeter website. Definitely simpler than BeanShell :)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gavin Maselino <ga...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Flavio Cysne <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.