Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by AlexeyK <le...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/20 07:07:17 UTC

Dynamic modification of field value

Hi,
Suppose the document stored in the index has fields A and B.
What would be the best way to alter the value of B after the result set is
available?
The modified value of B is influenced by the value of A and also by some
custom logic based on (custom) SolrCache.
Can it be a custom function query? Or a custom SearchComponent? Or a custom
response writer?
As far as I understand, SearchComponent will not help because documents are
written during response serialization (in non distributed case).

Thanks,
Alexey

Re: Dynamic modification of field value

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Which strikes me as the right way to go.

Upayavira

Posted by AlexeyK <le...@gmail.com>.
Implemented it with http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DocTransformers.