Posted to dev@ariatosca.apache.org by DeWayne Filppi <de...@gigaspaces.com> on 2017/06/16 20:08:45 UTC

aria install from source error

When installing Aria per instructions on centos 7 from source (e.g. pip
install .), I get :

Unpacking /home/vagrant/incubator-ariatosca
  Running setup.py egg_info for package from file:///home/vagrant/
incubator-ariatosca
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 16, in <module>
      File "/tmp/pip-bnCofl-build/setup.py", line 134, in <module>
        packages=find_packages(include=['aria*']) +
    TypeError: find_packages() got an unexpected keyword argument 'include'
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<string>", line 16, in <module>

  File "/tmp/pip-bnCofl-build/setup.py", line 134, in <module>

    packages=find_packages(include=['aria*']) +

TypeError: find_packages() got an unexpected keyword argument 'include'

Is this familiar?

Also note that I installed pip via bootstrap.pypa and running "pip install
aria" yields a "not found" error.

DeWayne

Re: aria install from source error

Posted by DeWayne Filppi <de...@gigaspaces.com>.
I agree it shouldn't. ;0)

Posted by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com>.

Posted by DeWayne Filppi <de...@gigaspaces.com>.

Posted by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com>.

Posted by DeWayne Filppi <de...@gigaspaces.com>.

Posted by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com>.
Thanks DeWayne, glad it worked.

I've played around with installing ARIA on various distros (linux only
though) today, and I'll be updating the README with more complete/specific
instructions to make sure we avoid such issues in the future.

Ran

Posted by Tal Liron <ta...@gigaspaces.com>.

Posted by DeWayne Filppi <de...@gigaspaces.com>.
Ran,

Posted by DeWayne Filppi <de...@gigaspaces.com>.
True, but it does call out an Ubuntu installation, which also doesn't work
(on 14.04), and made me attempt Centos.  I'll try the setuptools update.

Posted by Ran Ziv <ra...@gigaspaces.com>.
Hi DeWayne,