Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Blackmon <Wi...@getmusic.com> on 2001/04/04 23:48:22 UTC

forward question

Given the following forward call:
rd = requestDispatcher
rd = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/jsp/userSuccess.jsp");
	rd.forward(request, response);

And the following directory structure:
The calling servlet is located in:
'webapps/bill/classes/com.wgblackmon/UserProcess.class'

The called jsp, 'userSuccess.jsp', is located in:
'webapps/bill/jsp/userSuccess.jsp'

The servlet is defined in the web.xml file as:
<servlet>
	<servlet-name>UserProcess</servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>com.wgblackmon.UserProcess</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>UserProcess</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>UserProcess</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

No matter what I do with the paths, I continually get an error stating:
'404 R( + /jsp/userSuccess.jsp +  null) JSP file not found'

What are the rules for using request forwarding from servlets in packages?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Blackmon
Sr. Software Engineer, GetMusic (http://www.getmusic.com)