Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mario Binggeli <ma...@giniality.com> on 2005/11/29 16:03:20 UTC

ArtifactHandler problem

Hello,
I tried to make my own artifact handler plugin. It is supposed to "proxy"
the maven jar-plugin and is essentially there to make sure that certain
goals get executed whenever a jar gets build. For this, it provides just a
component.xml that looks like this (sorry for the lengthy posting):

<component-set>
 <components>
  <component>
   <role>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandler</role>
   <role-hint>g-jar</role-hint>
   <implementation>
    org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler
   </implementation>
   <configuration>
	<extension>jar</extension>
	<type>g-jar</type>
	<packaging>jar</packaging>
	<language>java</language>
	<addedToClasspath>true</addedToClasspath>
   </configuration>
  </component>
 <component>
  <role>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping</role>
  <role-hint>g-jar</role-hint>
  <implementation>
	org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.DefaultLifecycleMapping
  </implementation>
  <configuration>
   <phases>
	<compile>
		org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:compile
      </compile>
	<test>
		org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:test,
		org.codehaus.mojo:jdepend-maven-plugin:generate
	</test>
	<package>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:jar</package>
	<verify>org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:sign</verify>
    </phases>
   </configuration>
  </component>
 </components>
</component-set>

When I try to build a project with the packaging type set to "g-jar", maven
spits the following exception at me:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] Nonexistent
component:org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandlerg-jar
[snip]...[/snip]
[INFO] [jar:sign]
[INFO] [javadoc:javadoc {execution: javadoc-blackbox}]
[INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java classpath-capable
package
[INFO] [javadoc:javadoc {execution: javadoc-whitebox}]
[INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java classpath-capable
package

Does anyone have an idea whats going on here? It seems like Maven can't
resolve my artifact handler, and javadoc complains that the project that I
try to build is not java, even though I specified <language>java</language>
in my component descriptor.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Mario Binggeli