Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by liangwb2001 <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/04 10:24:42 UTC

A probability for Queue Message dispatch delay

Hi dear all:
    I'm using 3 brokers in product env. and recently i found activemq
dispatch a message slowly in one of queue on the server.  After some test I
found a probability cause this case:
    1. in
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.StoreQueueCursor.addMessageLast(StoreQueueCursor.java:100)
                persistent.addMessageLast(node);
       if  persistent.addMessageLast(node) failure for example:
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.cursors.AbstractStoreCursor.recoverMessage(AbstractStoreCursor.java:79)
                recordUniqueId(message.getMessageId()) return false.
    2. in
org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase.upadateIndex(MessageDatabase.java:1027)
                if previous == null return true.
    Then in org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Queue: the messages's size are
little than store's;
    Is this causing the latter message dispathed delay?
    If changing config enableAudit="false" will ok.
Thanks

Re: A probability for Queue Message dispatch delay

Posted by liangwb2001 <li...@gmail.com>.
Good day.
Can anyone give me some feedback?
Anything I went wrong?

Reply:A probability for Queue Message dispatch delay

Posted by SuoNayi <su...@163.com>.
1. Are the 3 brokers networked or not?
2.The broker dispatches the message slowly to other brokers or client?
   and how do you judge slowly or not?

--

Wangyin
SuoNayi2006@163.com

Posted by liangwb2001 <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi SuoNayi
    thanks for your attention.
    I have 3 brokers in production env. One type of messages was found
consuming delayed last week after the consumer app restarted several times.
But the others is ok in the same queue.
After a daytime track, I found the delaying messages is producted to the
broker without consumer, and dispatched delaying to the other broker by the
network bridge.
Otherwise it's hard to find this state, the queue's messages is less and
product slowly.
There is my activemq-admin result, the AverageEnqueueTime is increasing
continuously, finally to be 3144565.888888889:
	+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
	Thu May 31 09:30:01 CST 2012
	+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
	DequeueCount = 7841
	Name = mail
	MinEnqueueTime = 91731
	CursorMemoryUsage = 528157
	MaxAuditDepth = 2048
	TtlpurgeCount = 0
	Destination = mail
	AverageEnqueueTime = 64181.81456446882
	InFlightCount = 0
	MemoryLimit = 67108864
	Type = Queue
	EnqueueCount = 7844
	MaxEnqueueTime = 19957216
	MemoryUsagePortion = 0.0
	ProducerCount = 9
	UseCache = true
	BlockedProducerWarningInterval = 30000
	MaxProducersToAudit = 64
	CursorFull = false
	BrokerName = dynamic-broker3
	PrioritizedMessages = false
	ConsumerCount = 2
	ProducerFlowControl = false
	Subscriptions =
[org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=dynamic-broker3,Type=Subscription,persistentMode=Non-Durable,destinationType=Queue,destinationName=mail,clientId=queue_connector_dynamic-broker2_inbound_dynamic-broker3,consumerId=ID_dfs3-58256-1337221840530-13_2_1_583,
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=dynamic-broker3,Type=Subscription,persistentMode=Non-Durable,destinationType=Queue,destinationName=mail,clientId=queue_connector_dynamic-broker1_inbound_dynamic-broker3,consumerId=ID_dfs3-58256-1337221840530-4_2_1_1523]
	CacheEnabled = true
	QueueSize = 3
	MaxPageSize = 200
	CursorPercentUsage = 0

[...]