Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2016/05/30 13:05:23 UTC

Early Access builds of JDK 9 b120 & JDK 9 with Project Jigsaw b120 (#5074) are available on java.net

Hi Uwe & Dawid,

Early Access b120 <https://jdk9.java.net/download/> for JDK 9 is
available on java.net, summary of  changes are listed here
<http://www.java.net/download/java/jdk9/changes/jdk-9+120.html>.

Early Access b120 <https://jdk9.java.net/jigsaw/> (#5074) for JDK 9 with
Project Jigsaw is available on java.net.

JDK 9 Build 120 has over *400 *bug fixes, hotspot fixes making a
significant contribution.
JDK-8156915 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8156915> :
introduce MethodHandle factory for array length:\u201d fix is included in
JDK9 build 120.
In addition , this build implements JEP 289: Deprecate the Applet API [1]

Notable changes since the is last announcement email - in JDK 9 b119 the
big change
was moving the class file version from 52.0 to 53.0, see [2] for more
details.

Rgds,Rory

[1] JEP 289: Deprecate the Applet API <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/289>
[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2016-January/003507.html

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

RE: Early Access builds of JDK 9 b120 & JDK 9 with Project Jigsaw b120 (#5074) are available on java.net

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Rory,

Thank you for the information! I installed build 120 yesterday on the build server. Builds are looking fine.

It is also nice that the MethodHandles.arrayLength() factory made it into the build! I will look into integrating this in to the ES Painless code.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen