Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Mathieu Fenniak <ma...@replicon.com> on 2017/01/13 18:32:23 UTC

Kafka Connect requestTaskReconfiguration

Hey kafka-users,

Is it normal for a Kafka Connect source connector that
calls requestTaskReconfiguration to cause all the connectors on the
kafka-connect distributed system to be stopped and started?

One of my three connectors (2x source, 1x sink) runs a background thread
that will occasionally invoke `context.requestTaskReconfiguration()` when
it detects new work that it wants to distribute to its tasks.  When this
occurs, I observe all three of the connectors stop and start.  One of the
other connectors doesn't have the smoothest stop/start cycle, so I'm hoping
that this might be avoidable?

I'm running on Kafka Connect 0.10.1.0.

Mathieu

Re: Kafka Connect requestTaskReconfiguration

Posted by Mathieu Fenniak <ma...@replicon.com>.
OK, thanks Ewen.

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.