Posted to user@struts.apache.org by De Smet Koen <Ko...@capco.com> on 2000/11/24 14:05:06 UTC

Difference between action.xml and struts-config.xml

Hello,

We're looking at struts for a few days now and it looks good, but I was
wondering the following:

What's the difference between action.xml and struts-config.xml for the
action mapping? I see that in both files you nearly define the same things.

Can somebody explain us the difference please?

Thanks,

Koen De Smet
The Capital Markets Company
T   +32 3 740 11 96
F   +32 3 740 10 01
Mobile   +32 497 51 88 51
e-mail    mailto:koen.de.smet@capco.com <ma...@capco.com>
web    http://www.capco.com/ <http://www.capco.com/>

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.
The Capital Markets Company.

http://www.capco.com

Re: Difference between action.xml and struts-config.xml

Posted by Pierre Métras <ge...@sympatico.ca>.
Hi Koen,

Use the struts-config.xml if you want to create a new application. It's the
new version 1.0 file format used by struts. For compatibility with version
0.5, Struts can read the old action.xml file. The version you choose to use
is defined in web.xml:

    <servlet>
      <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
      <init-param>