Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Frank Langel <fr...@frankjlangel.com> on 2015/04/14 11:27:47 UTC

Jetty vs Undertow

When using Felix http module in performance critical applications, Jetty
seems to underperform compared to modern servlet libraries such as undertow
or netty:
https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r9&hw=peak&test=json

Has/Is anyone working on a plug-in replacement for Undertow/Netty. Any
experience/performance measurements? Any plans?

Thanks a lot in advance
Frank

Re: Jetty vs Undertow

Posted by Nick Baker <nb...@pentaho.com>.
Thanks Achim. I’ll join that mailing list today and start investigating
this work.

-Nick

Re: Jetty vs Undertow

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 15.04.15 um 16:51 schrieb Neil Bartlett:
> It would be really great to have a Felix implementation of the new Http Whiteboard specification from OSGi R6!

I assume you mean an implementation not using Jetty?

The current trunk of the http implementation in Felix nearly implements
the http whiteboard spec completely. Writing an implementation on
something else than jetty shouldn't be too hard, one could use the jetty
based impl as a starting point.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Jetty vs Undertow

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.
It would be really great to have a Felix implementation of the new Http Whiteboard specification from OSGi R6!

Regards,
Neil

Re: Jetty vs Undertow

Posted by Frank Langel <fr...@frankjlangel.com>.