Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Kim Tiedemann <ki...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/07 12:12:36 UTC

Cannot install roller 4.0.1 on glassfish v3

Hi all,

I am having a problem installing the Roller 4.0.1 on Glassfish v3.

The problem is jndi: I get the following exception in the log:

FATAL 2010-01-07 12:02:56,658 RollerContext:contextInitialized -
Roller Weblogger startup failed during app preparation
org.apache.roller.weblogger.business.startup.StartupException: ERROR:
cannot locate JNDI DataSource [java:comp/env/jdbc/roller]. Likely
problem: no DataSource or datasource is misconfigured.

So roller cannot find the jndi datasource.

In glassfish I have added a connection pool and a jdbc ressource named
jdbc/roller as can be seen in the attached file.

Is there anything I should configure differently when using glassfish v3?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Kim

Re: Cannot install roller 4.0.1 on glassfish v3

Posted by Johan Rylander <jo...@rylander.cc>.
Now, I am not sure why I have to do this but copying some xml libs to the lib directory of the domain fixed it!

As in:

cd ..../domains/domain1/applications/roller/WEB-INF/lib
sudo cp xalan.jar serializer.jar ../../../../lib/

Sorry for asking too soon and I do hope this helps someone (also at: http://johan.rylander.cc/)

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@fh-landshut.de>.

Posted by Johan Rylander <jo...@rylander.cc>.
I only get: