Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Poon, Johnny" <Jo...@ANICO.com> on 2003/07/08 18:24:40 UTC

Single error message for multiple fields using Validator?

Hi,

I'm using Validator.  Can anyone tell me if there's a way to only show one
general error message when there are errors on several fields on the page?
Further, how to change the font on the title and move focus to of all the
error field?

What I want to do when validation comes back false are these:
1) Show a general message for a type of invalidity, e.g. for required
fields: "Please fill out all of the required fields."
2) Change all the font of the title of the invalid fields.
3) Put the cursor focus on the first error field and have the input
highlighted(selected).

Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

JP

the system manager.