Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jerry Bell <jb...@stelesys.com> on 2006/07/05 18:39:52 UTC

sa-update question

I'm running 3.1.3 on a FreeBSD server.  I just found out about sa-update
which looks like a great tool.  My question is this:  how can I take
advantage of the updated configs?  The problem that I see is that Freebsd
uses completely non standard directories for everything, so I don't have
much confidence that the updates are being picked up.  I added "include
/var/lib/spamassassin/3.001003/updates_spamassassin_org.cf" to local.cf.
How can I tell that those files are actually being included?  I added
"include xxxxx" to the end of update_spamassassin_org.cf, and there were
no errors.  The files referenced in update_spamassassin_org.cf are
relative to /var/lib/spamassassin/3.001003, but I'm not seeing where
spamassassin would know to look in that directory based on some "path"
style setting.

Thanks,

Jerry