Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jason Novotny <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/23 04:15:23 UTC

ajax navigation toolbars not updating when rows are added to initially empty table

Hi,

    In a nutshell, I have a table that starts off empty and rows are
added to it dynamically. So I have a DataTable inside of a
WebMarkupContainer where setOutputMarkupId(true) and in the ajax
callback I do a target.addComponent(markupContainer). So far so good and
the table does update with new table rows. However, the paging toolbar
on the bottom never gets displayed. So if I set the rowsPerPage to 3 and
enter a 4th item, the row basically disappears. The code knows not to
display a 4th row, but it doesn't display the navigation toolbar either.
If I refresh the entire page, then the complete table with navigator
suddenly appears.  It feels as if setOutputMarkupPlaceholderTag was
never set to true deep in the bowels of the datatable/toolbar code since
once it starts out as invisible it never has a chance to become visible.
Does anyone have any ideas if this is a bug or I'm just missing
something. FYI, I'm using wicket 1.4.0 just released.

    Thanks, Jason

Re: ajax navigation toolbars not updating when rows are added to initially empty table

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
update to 1.4.1

-igor

Posted by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net>.
>     In a nutshell, I have a table that starts off empty and rows are
> added to it dynamically.

Perhaps if you take your table out of the nutshell, it would work?

I find that things don't work so well if I put them in a nutshell.

Just a thought. ;-)