Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/01 12:55:17 UTC

[ANN] Learning Apache Karaf is now available!

Hi All,

We'd like to take this opportunity to notify the Apache Karaf community of
a new learning resource becoming available - Packt Publishing's "Learning
Apache Karaf".

Johan, Heath, and I began working on this project this past summer after
being approached by Packt to submit an outline for how we see Apache Karaf
being introduced to developers and administrators. Several months later we
arrived at our final draft after obtaining feedback from many members of
the Karaf community. In our humble opinion, this book contains the
distilled experiences of using Apache Karaf that you need to know.

We hope that you find our approach to be concise, fast paced, and get your
Karaf instance up and running as quickly as possible.

Reviewing our book's content you'll
o Install your first Apache Karaf instance
o Learn to command and control the runtime
o Explore system configuration tuning
o Delve into Karaf’s provisioning mechanisms
o Understand application deployment through practical examples
o Improve your Karaf deployment to production-ready status
o Discover Apache Karaf Cellar, and
o Harness Karaf’s features with our sample final project

For more information, please visit the book's site:
http://www.packtpub.com/learning-apache-karaf/book

Re: [ANN] Learning Apache Karaf is now available!

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, congratulations, Jamie!

David

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Congrats!!

Posted by zaerymoghaddam <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jamie

Congratulation
I Was waiting for such learning resource for karaf. Actually, except JB's
comprehensive blogs and tutorials from Schneider, there is no other
resources about how to start using karaf.

Good luck

Ehsan

-----
E.Z.Moghaddam
zaerymoghaddam@gmail.com

Re: [ANN] Learning Apache Karaf is now available!

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Congrats and great job guys.

It was a pleasure for me to review this book.

Regards
JB

On 11/01/2013 12:55 PM, Jamie G. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We'd like to take this opportunity to notify the Apache Karaf community
> of a new learning resource becoming available - Packt Publishing's
> "Learning Apache Karaf".
>
> Johan, Heath, and I began working on this project this past summer after
> being approached by Packt to submit an outline for how we see Apache
> Karaf being introduced to developers and administrators. Several months
> later we arrived at our final draft after obtaining feedback from many
> members of the Karaf community. In our humble opinion, this book
> contains the distilled experiences of using Apache Karaf that you need
> to know.
>
> We hope that you find our approach to be concise, fast paced, and get
> your Karaf instance up and running as quickly as possible.
>
> Reviewing our book's content you'll
> o Install your first Apache Karaf instance
> o Learn to command and control the runtime
> o Explore system configuration tuning
> o Delve into Karaf’s provisioning mechanisms
> o Understand application deployment through practical examples
> o Improve your Karaf deployment to production-ready status
> o Discover Apache Karaf Cellar, and
> o Harness Karaf’s features with our sample final project
>
> For more information, please visit the book's site:
> http://www.packtpub.com/learning-apache-karaf/book

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org