Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2001/09/06 11:55:00 UTC

[c2] caching question to carsten [was EventCache questions]

Hi Carsten,
for my understanding each CachingPipeline has ist own EventCache. Really two
instances.

Can you explain me in some short words why?

Cheers
Gerhard

--
Gerhard Fröhlich
g-froehlich@gmx.de

"black holes are,
when GOD is dividing by zero"

http://www.gmx.net

--
GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a

AW: [c2] caching question to carsten [was EventCache questions]

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Hi Gerhard,

the answer is in fact really short: It's the way it was designed :-)
No, seriously, the idea behind this was that you can configure both
stores differently. For example you can choose to make a weaker
store for the event pipelines (weaker=caches not many objects) and
a "big" store for the stream pipelines. If you know which ones
are more "cacheable" you can fine-tune your stores according to
the information. Perhaps this might be a little bit overkill.

This decision was made, because of the two pipeline objects. You
can combine a non-caching-stream-pipeline was a
caching-event-pipeline etc. So we thought it was natural to have
two stores.

Carsten