Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Vadim Chekan <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/26 23:34:15 UTC

NMS: how to get list of messages?

Hi all,
I use c# client (NMS) and want to iterate through list of messages
without removing them from the queue. Is it possible?
Also is it possible to get list of queues using NMS library?

--
>From RFC 2631: In ASN.1, EXPLICIT tagging is implicit unless IMPLICIT
is explicitly specified

Re: NMS: how to get list of messages?

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Vadim,

There is no way of iterating through the messages that are currently
in a queue.  The closest you can get is to turn on queue mirrors
(http://activemq.apache.org/mirrored-queues.html).  There is an
enhancement scheduled for NMS 1.1 to add QueueBrowser() as detailed in
Jira issue AMQNET-97.

Currently, there isn't an API for getting a list of extant queues.  I
think this functionality is more administrative in nature and should
be included in a package that has been discussed and referred to as
NMX.  This package is not being actively developed, though, as no
definite feature scope has been created for it.

-Jim