Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jackie Tung <ja...@drive.ai> on 2016/09/28 23:48:10 UTC

spark / mesos and GPU resources

Hi,

Does Spark support GPU resources reservation (much like it does for CPU and memory) on a Mesos cluster manager?

Mesos added GPU recently as a first class resource type.  I tried out the spark.mesos.constraints variable optimistically “gpu:1” which did not work for me.

This is really one of the final hurdles for us to adopt Spark for our workloads.  Spark looks really great otherwise for us.

Many Thanks,
Jackie

privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: spark / mesos and GPU resources

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jackie,

That doesn't work because GPU is a first class reource for Mesos
starting with 1.0, and the patch to enable it from me is still in PR.
I've done a demo last Spark Summit SF about Spark/Mesos/GPU and you
can look at the video to see how it works.

Feel free to try out the PR
(https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/14644) and let me know if you
have any problems or questions.

Tim