Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Michele Sciabarra <mi...@sciabarra.com> on 2018/10/14 20:39:22 UTC

Submitted PR with cleanup, documentation and examples for the GoLang runtime

Hello all, I just submitted the PR for the hopefully complete version of the Golang runtime:

- Closed all the issues, removing restrictions in source file names
- Changed the layout of zip containing binaries to work as the docker skeleton
- The precompiler now always produce a stripped and zipped binary
- Provided examples, with Makefiles for deploying go actions as single file, zipped sources with packages and vendor folders
- There is a bash example too
- Included examples of the "compile on the fly" option and the "precompile as  binary" versions
- Wrote documentation how to write Golang  actions
- Documented also how to generate the vendor folder with dep
- Documented how to use VSCode to edit actions

Happy merging...

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

Re: Submitted PR with cleanup, documentation and examples for the GoLang runtime

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1
This awesome 😎

- Carlos Santana