Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Yves Leung-Tack <yv...@laposte.net> on 2005/01/04 21:35:47 UTC

Parsing a file name and extract a substring with ant ?

Hi,

Is it possible for ant to get a filename , parsing it
and get a substring of that filename for using it ??

What I want to do exactly in build.xml is:
        if  a file with *QAE.tar.gz exists then
          parse the that filename to get the substring from index 4 to 9
          use that substring
        else
          do other things

Thanks

Re: Parsing a file name and extract a substring with ant ?

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Yves Leung-Tack <yv...@laposte.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible for ant to get a filename , parsing
> it
> and get a substring of that filename for using it ??

You should be able to do this using pathconvert with a
regexp mapper.

-Matt