Posted to user@struts.apache.org by riya <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/01 21:42:13 UTC

Struts resources bundle question

Hi,
I am one month old to struts. I was curious to know if sth like below is
possible:

I know for sure that following is correct:

label.xx.value = Selected xx product
label.yy.value = Does your product need an accessory
label.zz.value = Want to return it?

Please notice that messages are very different though key names differ on
only middle value (i.e. xx/yy/zz).

IN JSP:

<logic:equal property="strProdType" name="products" value="xx">
<bean:message bundle="myBundle" key="label.xx.value" /></logic:equal>
<logic:equal property="strProdType" name="products" value="yy"><bean:message
bundle="myBundle" key="label.yy.value" /></logic:equal>
<logic:equal property="strProdType" name="products" value="zz"><bean:message
bundle="myBundle" key="label.zz.value" /></logic:equal>

Instead of writing so many lines, can I do something like this:

<bean:message bundle="myBundle" key="label.${productType}.value" />

I am not sure about the syntax though.  But what I intend to know here is,
can I pick label.xx.value/label.yy.value/label.zz.value based on
productType?  ProductType can be xx, yy or zz and can come as bean property.

Please clarify my doubt. Thanks in advance!!