Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by abhilashk_cse <ab...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/08 15:55:30 UTC

Active MQ IO Exception

I have a long running ActiveMQ message queue. Typically from 9.55 to 3.30 PM
there will be constinuous message flow typically 100s of messages in a
second. I have getting following exception. Pleas help me out since we
canonot have any downtime for the message queue since the message are send
to queue in realtime from a data feed hence we cannot miss a single message.

org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportDisposedIOException: Transport
disposed.
       at
org.apache.activemq.transport.vm.VMTransport.oneway(VMTransport.java:74)
       at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:40)
       at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(ResponseCorrelator.java:60)
       at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.doAsyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1214)
       at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1208)
       at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQSession.java:1643)
       at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducer.send(ActiveMQMessageProducer.java:227)
       at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageProducerSupport.send(ActiveMQMessageProducerSupport.java:241)
       at com.truedataindia.feed.FeedWorker.run(FeedWorker.java:205)
       at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
       at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

Regards,

Abhilash

Re: Active MQ IO Exception

Posted by abhilashk_cse <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rob,

Thanks for your attention.

I am using 5.2.0 version. Also I use vm:// to start the ActiveMQ session.

I suspect the issue is happening because the messages are not consumed from
the queue thereby causing heavy load on the ActiveMQ topic session. Am i
right? Right now we are not consuming the messages from the ActiveMQ topic
since we are in partial development of the application.

Regards,

Abhilash

Re: Active MQ IO Exception

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.